The Preferred Insurance Partner for the PEO Industry
StaffPak offers coverage to the hundreds of Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) that operate across the country, which serve between 156,000 and 180,000 small and medium-size businesses.* PEOs provide these businesses with comprehensive HR solutions, including payroll, benefits, HR, tax administration, and regulatory compliance assistance, among other services. Because of the contractual arrangement and sharing of certain responsibilities between PEOs and clients, their unique exposures require specialized insurance coverage.
U.S. Risk’s StaffPak division provides brokers with the solutions PEOs require to address these exposures—from errors and omissions and general liability risks to employment-related practices risks such as harassment and discrimination.
Our team is known for its expertise in PEO insurance, supported by 25 years of providing end-to-end coverage solutions and market relationships with top-tier insurers in the staffing insurance industry for our brokers’ clients.
*Source: National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO)
- Occurrence or claims made
- Reduced deductible mediation clause – 50% up to $25K
- Soft hammer clause
- Broad definition of professional services
- Worldwide coverage
- Duty to defend
- Occurrence form
- Defense outside of limits
- Coverage extends to vicarious liability of client’s worksite employees
- Abuse or molestation coverage available
- Per-worksite location aggregate
- Professional Liability
- General Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Workers’ Compensation – Employers Liability
- Owned, Non-Owned and Hired Auto Liability
- Separate liability limits or shared limits available to the PEO and its client companies
- Third party discrimination coverage available to PEO and/or client companies
- Sublimit for defense of wage and hour violations – for PEO and/or client companies
- Submit for Immigration Reform and Control Act expenses and fines – for PEO and/or client companies
- Sublimit for workplace violence expenses fines – for PEO and/or client companies
- No hammer clause for PEO – Soft hammer clause for client companies
- Customized self-insured retentions
- Coverage may be extended to independent contractors of client companies
- PEOs with staffing agencies as client companies are eligible
- PEOs that also engage in staffing operations (hybrids) are eligible
- Coverage may be extended to ASO client companies
- Bullying and wrongful internet activity added to EPL coverage section
Property, crime, and auto are also available.
How HOAs Can Minimize Risk
December 12, 2022 | HOAs must contend with numerous risks to their operations. Implementing a comprehensive risk management plan addressing potential losses and… more ▶
Who Needs Force-Placed Insurance?
December 1, 2022 | Financial institutions that fund home loans often maintain strict standards for borrowers. In addition to the initial criteria applicants must meet… more ▶
Risk Management for Holiday Gatherings
November 28, 2022 | Holiday gatherings are fun for employees to enjoy socialization off the clock. It’s an annual tradition, but it also comes with various risks… more ▶