Mortgage Banker Bonds
U.S. Risk Financial offers Mortgage Banker Bonds to protect you and your institution against a wide variety of crime loss exposures.
Covered crime loss exposures include:
- Fidelity – Loss caused by employee or closing agent dishonesty or theft of mortgage investor’s money or collateral.
- On Premises Crime – Loss of property through robbery, burglary, misplacement, mysterious unexplainable disappearance, theft, larceny or false pretenses while lodged or deposited within offices or premises located anywhere. Also covers resulting loss or damage to the premises and equipment at owned locations or at another location if held liable.
- In Transit – Loss of property through robbery, larceny, theft, misplacement, mysterious unexplainable disappearance while in transit, except while in the U.S. postal system.
- Check Forgery – Loss resulting directly from forgery or alteration of negotiable instruments.
- Forged Securities – Loss caused by forged, altered, lost or stolen negotiable instrument and documents used as loan collateral such as stock, titles and deeds.
- Electronic and Computer Crime
- Fraudulent Mortgages – Loss resulting from acting upon mortgages, deeds and like instruments where the signatures were obtained by trick, artifice or fraud.
▶ Click the links in the sidebar for details on other U.S. Risk Financial programs.
How HOAs Can Minimize Risk
December 12, 2022 | HOAs must contend with numerous risks to their operations. Implementing a comprehensive risk management plan addressing potential losses and… more ▶
Who Needs Force-Placed Insurance?
December 1, 2022 | Financial institutions that fund home loans often maintain strict standards for borrowers. In addition to the initial criteria applicants must meet… more ▶
Risk Management for Holiday Gatherings
November 28, 2022 | Holiday gatherings are fun for employees to enjoy socialization off the clock. It’s an annual tradition, but it also comes with various risks… more ▶