WELCOME TO OUR CAREER CENTER
At U.S. Risk, we know there is more to compensation than just providing a salary. That’s why we believe in offering total rewards in benefits, training and development, and employee recognition.
We strive to promote a work environment that supports career development and provides advancement opportunities to every team member. We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team and encourage you to submit your resume even when a matching position is not posted.
The health and well-being of our employees and their families members is important to us. Our goal is to empower our employees to make thoughtful decisions about their healthcare needs by taking an active roll in choosing the array of benefit plans that are right for them. We consistently seek to offer comprehensive, cost-effective and competitive benefits packages each year.
Our current openings are listed below. Please submit your resume with the job title in the subject line.
Job Description – Exempt
SUMMARY | This position is for an individual who has demonstrated a thorough understanding of the knowledge behind underwriting and has broad knowledge of the insurance industry. This individual supports collaborative business relationships, elicits client understanding and insight to advise and make recommendations. The individual exercises discretion and independent judgment and understands that the main objective is to meet revenue goals and maintain profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews new and renewal business submissions for presentation to Company Underwriters.
- Reviews new and renewal business submissions and prepares quoting within their authority.
- Discusses quotes with producers.
- Supervises file maintenance.
- Prepares quotations and binders.
- Prepares coverage issuance forms for policy processing.
- Issues notices of cancellation.
- Calculates endorsements and cancellations.
- Maintains suspense system for documentation follow-up, renewal solicitation, etc.
- Must obtain general knowledge of insurance accounting system.
- Handles routine complaints or inquires.
- Makes the underwriter/broker or department manager aware of all problems, complaints, and deadlines.
- Reports to and follows general advice as provided by underwriter/broker or department manager.
- Handles specific underwriting/brokerage tasks as instructed by underwriter/broker.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS | The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE | Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. P&C license required. Must have a thorough knowledge of the insurance contracts and coverages being underwritten in the department.
CLICK HERE to submit your resume for this position.